cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What experience have you had renting lenses? What company would you recommend?

billbeaulieu
Apprentice

4 REPLIES 4

Nick_Prime
Apprentice

I use lens giant - SUPURB!

Skirball
Authority

I use a local company, so I can’t comment on online companies.  However, I think renting is a fantastic service.  It’s great just for professional jobs if you don’t have the glass or equipment you need.  However, it’s also very useful for the non-pro to rent lenses prior to buying.  My local place is only $25 – 30 for standard rentals, a drop in the bucket compared to buying glass.  I rent stuff all the time to suss out purchases, or just to play around with some new glass.

JillC
Apprentice

BorrowLenses.com has great service, and I live very near their San Carlos HQ location, so pick-up and drop-off is easy. The reservation and pick-up process is efficient, the lenses are always in perfect condition, and I've never been disappointed yet. This service has allowed me to avoid having to buying some very costly lenses when I need them for a specific project or trip, and of course, it allows you to try out a lens before you decide that you need to buy it !

sabocketti
Apprentice

I just returned a lens today from www.lensrentals.com and they are great. Tell them what you want, when you want it, how long you want it, and they ship it to you with a prepaid return receipt. When you're done, send it back.

I like that all of the lenses have reviews from the company so you can see if it's worth it to rent that lens or another comparable one instead.

So far I've rented 3 lenses from them. I bought 1 lens after renting it and I am about to buy the one I just returned.

National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements