cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Value of older lenses?

hulamrut
Apprentice

I have 2 lenses that I'm wondering how they've held their value. They were both purchased in 2010. One is a EF 70-200mm 2.8 L IS USM. The other is a EF 24-70mm 2.8 L USM. These were pretty pricey new, over a thousand each. I also have the original 5D body that I assume is basically worthless as it's only 12 megapixels. I have no idea what a reasonable price to ask if I were to sell them.

2 REPLIES 2

rs-eos
Elite

If you visit KEH dot com, you can look into getting estimates for your gear.    You can also try B&H Photo, but I suspect that due to their age, probably unlikely.

You can also look at donating them to a school or other organization that is in need of camera equipment.

--
Ricky

Camera: EOS 5D IV, EF 50mm f/1.2L, EF 135mm f/2L
Lighting: Profoto Lights & Modifiers

ebiggs1
Legend
Legend

Both of those lenses still have value but the 5D not so much. I don't think seeing what KEH or any retail store has as a  price is a good judge. That is the selling price they think they need, it does not mean that they sell. The market for a used DSLR is slim and even slimmer for a very old used DSLR.

One problem with old first generation lenses and old cameras is Canon no longer supports them nor has repair parts for them.

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!
Announcements