Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sound from Canon EF-S 17-55 F/2.8 IS USM

Kashifr
Contributor

Dear All

Good day

As per our other discussion, I purchased a used Canon EF-S 17-55 F/2.8 IS USM. But I noticed it is making a sound. I think it is for image stabilizer as when I turn off the IS there is no sound. On the photo option the sound is for a short time but on video, the sound continues. Before stopping the sound, it makes a different sound for a millisecond, its sound like when we rub the matchstick on the match box. Is it normal or it can be a problem.

Thank you

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

normadel
Authority
Authority

Yes, it can be a problem. Who did you buy it from? Return it if you can.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

normadel
Authority
Authority

Yes, it can be a problem. Who did you buy it from? Return it if you can.

I bought used on eBay

Did the listing say if returnable?  Even if it didn't . . . . If the lens is defective, and the listing did not indicate there were any problems with it, put in an ebay Return request.....reason is item is defective. Do it now. If it was represented as being fully functional, the seller misrepresented it.

EBay can be a hazardous place to buy used items from private individuals. Always look at the return policy on the listing.

Better to buy used camera gear from a camera dealer who gives a warranty. Some of the big reputable used dealers are UsedPhotoPro.com, MPB.com, and KEH.com.

Thank you for your guidens. I have reached out to the seller, and he just sent me a message that he will take it back.

Thank you again

You're welcome!

click here to view the gallery
Announcements