cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RF70-200 f/2.8 works fine, says Canon service

dstauft
Apprentice

**Rant warning**
So,  I just got my RF70-200 f/2.8 back from Canon service for the SECOND time with this little note saying nothing is wrong with it…

I put it on my R6 body and got this: https://danielstauft.smugmug.com/Fun-Pics/Canon-Service/i-rMGf3Zr/A

so then I put it on my R6 MkII body and got this: https://danielstauft.smugmug.com/Fun-Pics/Canon-Service/i-g3CZVQ4/A

Now I’m not a pro, but I’m pretty sure that’s not supposed to happen.  The first time I sent it in, the service ticket said a control board was replaced.  The second time, as you can see, the problem could not be duplicated.  As you can also read, I requested a replacement lens - which was denied.  Canon requested that I send my bodies in for evaluation since the problem couldn’t be duplicated, which I decline since I need my bodies and neither body has ever had an issue with the five other lenses that I’ve used on them - all L glass.  The common denominator is the lens.  Who do I need to call to get this lens replaced???

IMG_1241.jpeg

Dan
Equipment: R6, R6 MKII, RF f/2.8 Trinity, RF50 f/1.2L, DJI Mini3 Pro, GoPro MAX
6 REPLIES 6

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend

You should call the repair facility that serviced the camera and ask to speak with a supervisor.

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

ebiggs1
Legend
Legend

We have no control over Canon as we are users just like you. I would do as jrh suggests but I would also be polite.

POS is not polite!🤔

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!

Point taken, but for me polite stops at strike 3

Dan
Equipment: R6, R6 MKII, RF f/2.8 Trinity, RF50 f/1.2L, DJI Mini3 Pro, GoPro MAX

You know what happens at strike three - yer out!

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

March411
Rising Star

"I would also be polite."

Now that's amusing coming from you. 

Be a different person on the web, be kind, respectful and most of all be helpful!

90D ~ 5D Mark IV ~ R6 Mark II ~ R50 and way to many EF lenses
Photoshop and Topaz Suite for image processing
http://commonhangout.com/piwigo/

ebiggs1
Legend
Legend

Dan,

I truly understand your frustration. Honestly I do but even Canon has some duds working there, most folks there are top notch. You need to keep at it and I have no doubt Canon will make it right. You can't blame Canon for not wanting to replace the lens at least right off. And truth be known all broken gear has little to no use and never abused.

I am sure Canon hears that on nearly every single repair order. Put yourself in their position for a minute. I have an extensive history with Canon going back to the '80's. I have extensive experience with Nikon since the company I was employed for 40 years with was all Nikon. As well with the off brand lens makers and I can confidently say Canon's is the best by far. It is one of the reasons for my personal gear I choose Canon over what we  had at work. In fact another fellow I worked with for years also went Canon.

Be polite, I know it is hard to do when you are in the right and they are not but it will work best in the end. Good luck to you.

EB

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!
Announcements