Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RF 200-800mm f/6.3-9 IS USM order wait time

Pinballgov
Apprentice

What would be the wait time if I order this lens thru canon, Thanks

Bill

14 REPLIES 14

Hey Canon, I think you need to step up and respond into the USA backorder. The pandemic supply chain issue is over. It might be a specific constraint, but all potential customers deserve a response. Japanese have a code of honor and in this case, the customer service transparency is a failure. A good sign is that a company like Amazon doesn't even list the lens, since there's no operational capacity to serve customers in quality. Why is Canon in 20th century supply chain mode? Kanban and Kaizen needed!!!

carlman3
Contributor

I understand there are many links in this chain.  I just don't know what they are.  It's nice to know the manufacturing process is still ongoing.  Hopefully they're getting put into containers.  I'm on all the 'stock notification' alerts I can be.. so I'll probably get a few emails when the lenses are in stock.  I just wish there was a way to know something between manufacturing/production to being in retail inventory.. that's a big gap with lots of links in the chain! 

RP45
Apprentice

My husband ordered the Canon rf 200-800 lens for me in November.  We still have not received the lens and when we inquire about the lens, the Canon support community seems curt.  I don't blame them as I am sure many people have inquired about the whereabouts of the lens that they ordered.  It also seems annoying that I read on another blog that a user ordered the lens in December from Canon and received it in January.  It is frustrating for everyone.  I would think that Canon should have been able to anticipate the excitement around the release of such a lens.  I am disappointed in Canon for their response and relative lack of accountibility related to their products.

carlman3
Contributor

It's April 2024.  I have come to learn that Canon Japan does not communicate any plans or activities with regards to new lens production.  So, I will just wait.  That is all anyone can do.  That is Canon Japan's choice on how to operate.  I accept it.

Who knows, maybe something even better will come along while I wait.  Or I'll just learn to use what I have and not need these lenses.  Good luck everyone, especially Canon USA.  

March411
Rising Star

Like others I sit and wait.

I spoke to a representative @ Canon USA and they were nice with their response but offered that Japan offers them the same level of transparency as they do to them US consumer, nothing, no information. 

I also talked to a couple suppliers which conveyed they get no information, they are told to take orders and will be shipped product as it becomes available. Sometimes they receive a few, other times they receive several but never enough to completely cover open orders.

Japan has chosen an an extremely strange way to roll out new products. I understand that you can only project potential sales but once the sales exceed inventory you would think that they would drastically increase production to fulfill open orders. Their chosen path only puts them at odds with their consumer. Maybe they believe their base is so loyal that they can do what they want regardless of consumer impact. 

Be a different person on the web, be kind, respectful and most of all be helpful!

90D ~ 5D Mark IV ~ R6 Mark II ~ R50 and way to many EF lenses
Photoshop and Topaz Suite for image processing
http://commonhangout.com/piwigo/
Announcements