cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Prime, light weight, wide angle lens recommendations

wildwoodphoto
Enthusiast

I'm shooting video on my 5D Mkiv with my 16-35 f4L IS USM on a RONIN RS3. This rig is heavy, so I'm looking to lighten the load.

I need recommendations for an excellent quality, light, prime, wide angle lens with zero distortion, somewhere between 14-17mm.

4 REPLIES 4

Danny

Hi, wildwoodphoto!  Our lens buying guide can help you figure out which lens is best for you, and if you need more help, just visit our store and hit the red "CHAT" button or give our sales team a call at 1-800-385-2155.  Both options are available weekdays and Saturdays.

Hope this helps!

ebiggs1
Legend
Legend

Perhaps not exactly in your wheelhouse but the EF 35mm f/2 IS USM would be an excellent choice if you can work with the longer FL. Canon also has the Canon EF 24mm f/1.4L II USM Lens but I am not sure it is any lighter than your zoom is. I really don't know of other Canon primes that fit your query.

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend

EF lenses (unless used) are becoming harder to find, but Canon has a small, light EF24mm f/2.8 IS lens that is very good.

I'm not aware of anything down in the FL you specified that would be lighter than the zoom lens.

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

MikeSowsun
Authority
Authority

I would look at getting a lighter camera and lens combo. The 5D Mark IV is a big heavy camera even without a lens. There are a lot of other cameras and lens combos that can produce very good quality video without weighing so much. 

Mike Sowsun
Announcements