cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New 50mm 1:1.8 lens won’t work on M50

naledi
Apprentice

If anyone knows what to do, please respond because I don’t know much about cameras.
I bought the 50mm lens to improve my content (I also purchased the Viltrox adapter) for my M50. At first the lens & camera was on MF and refused to go on Autofocus, I then realized that i couldn’t even capture a picture or record a video. 

I then tried to change my settings to AF ( I was going through different settings and disabling anything that had ‘MF’ and enabling anything that had ‘AF’ but now my screen is completely blank.

please help. 

7 REPLIES 7

Waddizzle
Legend
Legend

It could be an issue with the adapter.  You might also need to go into the men system and enable “Release shutter without lens”.  

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

Turns out I didn’t connect the lens correctly🥲 

Thank You! 

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend

Welcome to the forum.

Is it a Canon EF 50mm f/1.8 STM lens?

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

Hi! 
so I disassembled the lens from the adapter & camera, reassembled it again and it finally worked.

Thank You!  

f8fully
Apprentice

I just bought same lens for my Mark II, do I need an adapter for it to work? Also what adapter should I use?

You usually can't go wrong with genuine Canon products, but many of us have used the Viltrox adapter with excellent results and saved a lot of money.

Kevin Rahe
EOS M50 Mark II

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend

You need the Canon EF-M adapter. Only get the true Canon product. EF and EF-S lens work great. 

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic
National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements