cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mount Adapter EF-EOS R Compatibility with EF 70-200mm F2.8

sle2017
Apprentice

I recently purchased a mirrorless camera after using DSLR.  I got an EF-EOS R adapter.  I am looking into purchasing an EF 70-200mm f/2.8 lens, but want to make sure it will mount to the adapter before I make that decision. Does anyone know if it will mount? TIA!!

5 REPLIES 5

deebatman316
Authority
Authority

The EF or EF-S- RF Mount adapter works with ALL Canon EF and EF-S Mount lenses. But the EF 70-200mm F/2.8L series lenses are great. I would recommend using the native RF lenses. So a mount adapter isn't needed. 

-Demetrius

Current Gear: EOS 5D Mark IV, EF F/2.8 Trinity, EF 50mm F/1.8 STM, EF 85mm F/1.8 USM, 470EX-AI & 600EX II-RT

Retired Gear: EOS 40D

rs-eos
Elite
Elite

As Demetrius mentioned, yes.  I would add though that hopefully you got a Canon brand adapter.

--
Ricky

Camera: EOS 5D IV, EF 50mm f/1.2L, EF 135mm f/2L
Lighting: Profoto Lights & Modifiers

governtendon
Apprentice

All Canon lenses with an EF or EF-S mount may be used with the RF Mount adaptor. However, excellent optics can be found in the EF 70–200mm F2.8L range. To get the best results, go with the native RF lenses. Therefore, a mount adapter is unnecessary. 

Peter
Authority
Authority

EF 70-200/2.8L IS USM II and III will give you the fastest burst rate with R5/R6 in mechanical shutter mode.

The older 70-200/2.8L lenses will slow down the burst rate.

ebiggs1
Legend
Legend

"I recently purchased a mirrorless camera after using DSLR.  I got an EF-EOS R adapter.  I am looking into purchasing an EF 70-200mm f/2.8 lens,..."

Why? Why in the world would you buy a new R series mirrorless camera and then buy an old tech EF lens. Makes no sense.

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!
Announcements