cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lens within the barrel of my camera lens

lwebb22
Apprentice

do i have specs of something between the two outer glass lens on my canon camera lens and i keep getting the error 01 message even though i have done everything the internet says to do to fix it, what do i need to do, i literally just got and unboxed my camera yesterday 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Stephen

This looks like a refurbished, or broken kit. Was it purchased from Canon, or somewhere else? If it was purchased from us, just give our folks a call at 800-385-2155 and they'll get you sorted out.

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9

kvbarkley
VIP
VIP

What camera? What lens? If it is mating properly, it sounds like you should return it.

the rebel t7 with the ef 18-55mm stm lens which is the one it came with

Hello! Just so you're aware, the Rebel T7 didn't come with the STM version of the kit lens. That body doesn't have STM capabilities. 

Here's a link to the kit as it shipped from Canon USA: CLICK ME

What does the body have to do with STM?

The T7 doesn't support the STepping Motor. It doesn't have the advanced video processing system that can handle the stepping motor and live video simultaneously (it's a hardware limitation). For STM lenses (which give you near-silent video focusing) you'd have to step up to an "i" series Rebel or a prosumer EOS camera. 

ah, thank you

TO CLARIFY: This doesn't mean the lens won't work altogether. It will work fine! You shouldn't get an ERR 01. The STM function just doesn't work on a T7.

lwebb22
Apprentice

image.jpg

 this is the camera 

Stephen

This looks like a refurbished, or broken kit. Was it purchased from Canon, or somewhere else? If it was purchased from us, just give our folks a call at 800-385-2155 and they'll get you sorted out.

Announcements