cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lens recommendations for canon r6

rionelo
Apprentice

I just got a bundle from a colleague that has

Canon R6 Canon RF 50mm f1.8 + Tiffen UV Filter + Cap Canon RF 35mm f1.8 + Cap Canon RF 24-105mm f/4-7.1 + Tiffen UV Filter + Cap

I am looking to shoot landscapes, people, low light and animal pictures This is my first full frame Any lens recommendations or anything I should take care of?

2 REPLIES 2

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend

@rionelo wrote:

I just got a bundle from a colleague that has

Canon R6 Canon RF 50mm f1.8 + Tiffen UV Filter + Cap Canon RF 35mm f1.8 + Cap Canon RF 24-105mm f/4-7.1 + Tiffen UV Filter + Cap

I am looking to shoot landscapes, people, low light and animal pictures This is my first full frame Any lens recommendations or anything I should take care of?

If by animal you mean wildlife (i.e. not pets) you might want to add the 100-400mm zoom.

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, M200, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, Lr Classic

Waddizzle
Legend
Legend
  • I strongly recommend that you stop using the UV filters.  If you feel the need for a protective filter, then use a high quality clear filter.  

You don’t need a UV filter, anyway, because there is a probably UV filter layer built into your image sensor assembly.  This was done in DSLRs.  I’ve never given it any thought before now for MILC bodies.  

UV filters would impair AF performance in a DSLR. Remember, a DSLR uses a separate AF sensor and a mirror. When the mirror flipped up, the light could reach the image sensor with its UV filter. 

My EF 100-400mm II was always a bit softer with a UV filter. 
--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."
Announcements