Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lens Serial Number Exif Data

Bannach
Contributor

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

@Bannach wrote:

I thank the friends who are anxious to help me in the sense of find out why the Serial my lenses do not appear the Exif.
After a more thorough search, I found that the serial lens is inserted manually in the camera settings, however my EOS - 5D Mark II, does not offer this function and do not know if have any further update (firmaVer) I'm using version 2.0. 9.

PrScn follows, referring to the serial number input mode (this refers to EOS - 5D - Mark III)

Thank you all!Lens Serial Number EOS_5D-Mark III.jpg

This is what I was getting at earlier.  You do realize that any EF 24-105mm f/4L will look identical to the camera.  Right?

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

View solution in original post

15 REPLIES 15

I used the ExifTool 10:25 version for both tests.

I've watched the ExifTool the serial number Lens, Lens canon 70 ~ 200mm 100 ~ 400mm, 400mm, and other models.

Not the version of EXIFTool, but the EXIF version reported in the EXIF data, like the 221 I reported above.

Ok!
EXIF version - 0230

I thank the friends who are anxious to help me in the sense of find out why the Serial my lenses do not appear the Exif.
After a more thorough search, I found that the serial lens is inserted manually in the camera settings, however my EOS - 5D Mark II, does not offer this function and do not know if have any further update (firmaVer) I'm using version 2.0. 9.

PrScn follows, referring to the serial number input mode (this refers to EOS - 5D - Mark III)

@Bannach wrote:

This is what I was getting at earlier.  You do realize that any EF 24-105mm f/4L will look identical to the camera.  Right?

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."
Announcements