cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lens Choice for EOS Rebel T5i and Mirrorless

crunchypaint
Contributor

Hello All-

I am a new user and a totally green, newbie photographer.  I was gifted a used EOS Rebel T5i.  I would like to purchase a quality, perhaps "L" series, lens while I navigate around the exciting digital photography waters.  What is a highly versatile lens that would work on my camera that would also be adaptable to a future mirrorless camera.

Thank you for any assistance/advice you can offer! 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

ebiggs1
Legend
Legend

This was the best advice, "...the ubiquitous 18 - 55 it should be fine for you to get your feet wet"

Along with this, "... you'd be better off saving up for RF lenses as well as an R-series camera."

As to what to do right now an investment in Photoshop and /or Lightroom is a great idea. Even the free form Canon DPP4 is worthwhile to learn. Post editing your shots is where it is at. 

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!

View solution in original post

11 REPLIES 11

ebiggs1
Legend
Legend

This was the best advice, "...the ubiquitous 18 - 55 it should be fine for you to get your feet wet"

Along with this, "... you'd be better off saving up for RF lenses as well as an R-series camera."

As to what to do right now an investment in Photoshop and /or Lightroom is a great idea. Even the free form Canon DPP4 is worthwhile to learn. Post editing your shots is where it is at. 

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!

crunchypaint
Contributor

Thank you all for the advice.  It's gives me a good feeling knowing that such a friendly forum is available to people of all skill levels.  Each one of you deserve a special "shout out".

Again, thank you and cheers!

National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements