cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lens Canon RF50mm Fstop 0.0

NikolasDane
Contributor

Hi everyone, I would like to see if I can get some help through here. 

A while ago my camera with the canon 50mm Rf 50 1.8 fell during a shoot and since then the Fstop is locked in 0.0 and it seems that the camera is not able to communicate with it since then. I know it fell and something probably got loose, since theredoesnt seem to be any crack on the lens or the body.  

I will be traveling to the US in a couple of weeks and would like to have it looked at by canon but since I will only be there for a couple of weeks November 19th to december 4th would like to know the turn around that they usually have for this and also if it is worth it to do it though canon or maybe just go to a regular service.

I know its not an expensive lens, but since I am purchising another lens RF 24-105 f4, if the costs is about the same, I would rather not purchase the same lens again. Also I do think I would be within a year of the purchase, so I might have it under warranty.   

3 REPLIES 3

ebiggs1
Legend
Legend

Is it a Canon USA product? Doesn't sound like it. They, Canon USA ,will probably service it but it will cost you for the repair. If it suffered a fall it will not be under warranty anyway unless you have the CarePak.

IMHO, if I were you I would buy a new lens and move on.

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!

Actually it was bought through BH photo in the US last year so yes it should be a Canon USA. 
I wrote a couple of services in Atlanta Georgia since I will be there through those date to check pricing and timing and then see…buying a new one I know it’s an option but checking just in case, since I also wanted to do a service for my canon R6 with canon.

ebiggs1
Legend
Legend

"... BH photo in the US last year so yes it should be a Canon USA."

Yes that being the case it is most assuredly a Canon USA product. I am not sure Canon USA ships outside of the country another question that will be cleared up when you call 1 (800) 652-2666. You will need your receipt and serial number of the lens.

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!
Announcements