cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Irix 11mm incompatibility with Eos R6 Mark 2

Bilbo_248
Apprentice

Hello ! I Have swap my old 7D for the R6 II with the EF-RF adapter.

I put an Irix 11mm F4 on it but the the aperture setting of the lens does not appear and is stuck on F4.

There is a tips to resolve this issue ? 

EOS R6 Mark II 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

@Bilbo_248 wrote:

In another thread for the IRIX 15mm Canon upgrade the firmware of the R6 II... 😅

If Canon upgraded the camera firmware, I can assure you the action had nothing to do with making their gear compatible with IRIX lenses.  

You need to contact IRIX about this issue.  Canon does not support or guarantee third party gear compatibility with Canon gear.  Compatibility is the sole responsibility of the third party manufacturer.  

Good luck.

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7

Waddizzle
Legend
Legend

Welcome to the Canon forums!

The R6 mark II is a great camera.  Unfortunately, because of its advanced, next generation AF system and image sensor, it does not support all Canon EF mount lenses.  This is also true of third party lenses designed for EF mount DSLRs.

I suggest that you contact IRIX for advice   

This IRIX is a manual focus, there is no autofocus on it.

Contact IRIX.  Your lens is not compatible with Canon R series camers.

There is absolutely nothing that Canon can or will do about incompatible third party products.  Canon did not design it, build it, test it, and will never repair it.

In another thread for the IRIX 15mm Canon upgrade the firmware of the R6 II... 😅

@Bilbo_248 wrote:

If Canon upgraded the camera firmware, I can assure you the action had nothing to do with making their gear compatible with IRIX lenses.  

You need to contact IRIX about this issue.  Canon does not support or guarantee third party gear compatibility with Canon gear.  Compatibility is the sole responsibility of the third party manufacturer.  

Good luck.

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend

If you check the Irix website it tells you that a lens software update is required. Free when you send the lens to them

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, M200, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, Lr Classic
click here to view the gallery
Announcements