cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I switched to canon mirrorless because I already had a okay set of ef lenses

bary35
Apprentice

So I grabbed an RP 2 years ago and an adaptor, had a full kit ready to go without the need to buy any extra lenses

Ever since I got my RP, I bought a 24-105 and 800 f11. Now I recently upgraded to an r7 a few weeks ago, bought a 100 2.8 and I now have a 100-500 sitting in my best buy cart with 1 hr pick up, hovering over the buy now button. WTF? GUYS. IT WASNT MEANT TO BE LIKE THIS!

4 REPLIES 4

rs-eos
Elite
Elite

Is there a question here?  While you certainly can use existing EF lenses on R-series cameras, having RF lenses is often the much better choice, especially for the long term. 

--
Ricky

Camera: EOS 5D IV, EF 50mm f/1.2L, EF 135mm f/2L
Lighting: Profoto Lights & Modifiers

Stephen

A wise woman once said, and I quote:

Stephen_1-1684245034681.gif

kvbarkley
VIP
VIP

"IT WASNT MEANT TO BE LIKE THIS!"

Canon marketing would disagree. 8^)

ergas
Contributor

Totally understand you. Two years ago I have picked up used R6 and used it with my EF lenses via control ring adapter. I was so happy with it. This year I took a chance to get RF16 mm at unbeatable price and that was starting point. Then sold my Sigma 150-600 for RF100-400. And now considering to buy RF82 1.2 to replace my beloved EF85 1.4. Already own new R6 mark II with RF24-105. Just like you say, it wasn't meant to be like this, I was very happy with my EF lenses on R6.

Announcements