cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error message

fishguybob58
Apprentice
I use a Canon T7 with the kit 75-300mm lens. While taking photos, all of a sudden I got an error message which read that there was a communication error between my camera and lens. When I got home, I cleaned all the contacts, reset the camera and took the battery out for 3 minutes. After doing this, I turned the camera on and was able to take several photos indoors with no problem. When I went outside, the first photo I attempted to take, I got the same error message. turned the camera off, indoors works fine, outdoors, error message. I then tried shade to sunlight. If I'm in the shade taking a photos of something in the shade, no problem. If I'm in the sunlight or taking a photo into a sunlit area, I get the error message. I tried the lens on my wife's T6 and the same thing happens. All other lenses work fine but, I really need the 300mm for my photos. Any ideas?
10 REPLIES 10

TraciMcPhoto
Contributor

My 24-105 f4 lens is doing the exact same thing!  Did you end up fixing yours?  I local camera repair place wants to replace the aperture control mechanism for over $400. Wondering if I should ship to Canon directly for estimate. If you fixed yours, what were you charged? 

Announcements