cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EOS R Compatibility with Existing Lenses

CoffeeChat
Apprentice

Hello.

I want to get a new camera body, the Eos R more specifically, but I have the Eos Rebel T7. I was just wondering if the three lenses I have for the T7 will work with the R. I don't want to get the R and find out the lenses I have don't work and I have to get all new ones. 

Thank you for any help.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

kvbarkley
VIP
VIP

It depends on the lenses. If you have Canon EF lenses for your T7 they will work with the Canon EF to R adapter with no issues. If you have EF-S lenses, they will work with the adapter, but you will only get a cropped area of the frame due to the smaller image circle of the EF-S lenses.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

kvbarkley
VIP
VIP

It depends on the lenses. If you have Canon EF lenses for your T7 they will work with the Canon EF to R adapter with no issues. If you have EF-S lenses, they will work with the adapter, but you will only get a cropped area of the frame due to the smaller image circle of the EF-S lenses.

janesbenth1
Apprentice

The lenses make a difference. The Canon EF to R converter will allow you to use your T7 with Canon EF lenses. The adapter will allow you to use EF-S lenses, but the narrower image circle of the EF-S lenses will result in a cropped image.

Announcements