cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EF to EF drop in filter adapter?

truelies
Apprentice

I think this is the best solution on filters for all EF lens, don't know why canon haven't make an adapter like this?

10 REPLIES 10

kvbarkley
VIP
VIP

Because if you move the lens away from the body you lose infinity focus.

Seems canon ef-rf drop in works very well

Because the flange-to-sensor distance of the RF mount is less than the EF mount an EF - RF adapter has more room to work with.

Teleconverters have optics that can compensate, a drop-in filter adapter does not.

ebiggs1
Legend
Legend

"Because if you move the lens away from the body you lose infinity focus."\Well if the lens was designed to use drop in filters it would work and not affect focus. However the reason for drop in filters is cost. There is not cost benefit for a lens that uses a smaller relatively cheaper front filter vs a very much more expensive drop in filter drawer and filter assembly.

Probably the most used and necessary filter in today's world is the polarizer. Using a drop in filter makes designing them and using them more complex and expensive. Add to that, the fact that most all filters are obsolete today.

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!

He is talking about an adapter - much like a teleconverter - that you can place between *any* EF lens and the camera body to use drop in filters. So these lenses are specifically *not* designed for drop in filter use.

Oh, OK thanx, for the info. I will stick by this statement though, "Add to that, the fact that most all filters are obsolete today."

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!

You can stick by that. 8^) I also am not sure why the OP wants a filter.

Why want a filter, Are you joking?

For distance matter, I think Canon can do research on this optical physics problem

normadel
Authority
Authority

Since you haven't provided picture or link to what adapter you are thinking about, we don't know what you mean.....a holder between lens and body, or a filter holder attached to front of the lens?

Announcements