cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EF 55-250 Lens Hood Mount

vidtech63
Apprentice

The hood mound snapped off. I can't use my lens cap or sun hood. It looks like repairing it will cost more the the lens cost. I'm looking for away to a lens cap and hood combo. I know I can get a screw on lens cap I would still like to get a hood also.

Any Help 

2 REPLIES 2

Mykolas
Authority

Vidtech63,

Unfortunately, we only have one model lens hood that can be used with your lens.  If the mounting part for the hood has been damaged and you are unable to mount the hood, the lens will need to be repaired.  I am sorry for the inconvenience this causes.

To start your repair process, you'll need to complete a Repair Request on our website.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

John
Enthusiast

This may sound hokey but have you tried tape?  I've permanently taped some hoods onto some of my lenses with gaffer's tape.  They're shorter lenses so even with the hood, they fit fine in the case, I keep my lenses.

I'm staring at my 55-250 right now and there's room for the tap to grip the part of the lens that zooms away from the outer barrel.

Announcements