cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't update firmware on RF 70-200L f/4 lens

DragonDave
Apprentice

Hi. I got a notice about a firmware update for my RF 70-200 f/4 lens. I downloaded the update (this is for Mac), but the DMG file doesn't open when you double click on it (it's supposed to decompress to a folder).

Any ideas?

Thanks...

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

rs-eos
Elite
Elite

A .dmg is a Disk Image.  When you double-click on one, it will mount a new volume (drive) on your Mac.  Look for a new icon on your desktop.   The contents of the new drive should contain the firmware instructions and the firmware itself.

If your Mac isn't set up to view drives on the desktop, switch to Finder, then from Finder menu, select "Settings" or "Preferences".    Under "General", you should see something like "Show these items on the desktop" and choices underneath it.  Be sure to select Hard disks and External disks.

--
Ricky

Camera: EOS 5D IV, EF 50mm f/1.2L, EF 135mm f/2L
Lighting: Profoto Lights & Modifiers

View solution in original post

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Greetings,

Finder menu > Preferences.  Enable display of HDD on desktop.

Run again, it should appear.    

shadowsports_2-1673893867180.png

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

rs-eos
Elite
Elite

A .dmg is a Disk Image.  When you double-click on one, it will mount a new volume (drive) on your Mac.  Look for a new icon on your desktop.   The contents of the new drive should contain the firmware instructions and the firmware itself.

If your Mac isn't set up to view drives on the desktop, switch to Finder, then from Finder menu, select "Settings" or "Preferences".    Under "General", you should see something like "Show these items on the desktop" and choices underneath it.  Be sure to select Hard disks and External disks.

--
Ricky

Camera: EOS 5D IV, EF 50mm f/1.2L, EF 135mm f/2L
Lighting: Profoto Lights & Modifiers

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Greetings,

Finder menu > Preferences.  Enable display of HDD on desktop.

Run again, it should appear.    

shadowsports_2-1673893867180.png

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

DragonDave
Apprentice

Thanks!

207mom
Apprentice

I have the same issue when trying to update my rf 70-200 2.8

I checked the desktop as well as confirmed the Finder settings were correct as suggested above and still not finding files. Any other ideas?

DragonDave
Apprentice

Did you look on the left bar of any Finder window, near the bottom? There's a section called "Locations". It should be in there after you double-click the DMG file. 

Announcements