cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Auto-focus problem

tsingi
Apprentice
my Canon 70-200mm F2.8 USM lens and the lens wont auto focus. It focus for the first shot and then struggles to focus ...

When I hold the shoot button half way, the lens is just focusing back and forth, and not finding anything to focus on.

Manual focus works perfectly tho, I bought it used online and i barely used it
5 REPLIES 5

ebiggs1
Legend
Legend

Could be too close or too dark or it's broken.  Could be several things but you need to be more clear about how you used it and on what camera. What conditions? As much info as you can give.

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!

@ebiggs1 wrote:

Could be too close or too dark or it's broken.  Could be several things but you need to be more clear about how you used it and on what camera. What conditions? As much info as you can give.

And if you have a Canon flash unit, make sure that "AF Assist Beam" is turned on.

Bob
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania USA

Waddizzle
Legend
Legend

@tsingi wrote:
my Canon 70-200mm F2.8 USM lens and the lens wont auto focus. It focus for the first shot and then struggles to focus ...

When I hold the shoot button half way, the lens is just focusing back and forth, and not finding anything to focus on.

Manual focus works perfectly tho, I bought it used online and i barely used it

If the lens cannot focus outdoors on a sunny day on something 20 feet away, then the lens is likely faulty.

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

tsingi
Apprentice
The lens was shooting perfect during events, and even close-up shoots but now it doesn’t get a focus

Waddizzle
Legend
Legend
It needs service.
--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."
Announcements