cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

85mm F1.2 lens will only autofocus when in A+ mode, can any one help?

SOH
Apprentice

I’m using a Conon 5D Mk IV with a 85mm F1.2 prime lens. I find I can only get it to autofocus in A+ mode only, in all other modes I need to focus manually. Any suggestions?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

SOH
Apprentice

Hi Ricky,

After further research I found this to be the solution: I had accidentally set my camera up to focus using the AF-ON button found at the back of the camera. To change back to shutter button focus I did: Menu - second last tab (which shows the camera icon); then go to the second tab within here and select "Custom controls". The first button within here says "Shutter butt. half-press" - select this and change it to "Metering and AF Start". This should change the camera back to shutter button half press focus. It worked. 

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

rs-eos
Elite
Elite

Try resetting your camera settings.

--
Ricky

Camera: EOS 5D IV, EF 50mm f/1.2L, EF 135mm f/2L
Lighting: Profoto Lights & Modifiers

SOH
Apprentice

Hi Ricky,

After further research I found this to be the solution: I had accidentally set my camera up to focus using the AF-ON button found at the back of the camera. To change back to shutter button focus I did: Menu - second last tab (which shows the camera icon); then go to the second tab within here and select "Custom controls". The first button within here says "Shutter butt. half-press" - select this and change it to "Metering and AF Start". This should change the camera back to shutter button half press focus. It worked. 

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

@rs-eos wrote:

Try resetting your camera settings.

Likes given and solved!

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

Announcements