cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

wireless connect

forms
Apprentice

Hey, new guy here. Non tech person. Need help. I bought a canon mg3122 about 9 months ago. Used it with a usb cable and my old laptop. Worked great. I recently purchased a Samsung 3 tablet 10.1 wifi enabled.I have a wireless router from my cable company. The tablet runs great on the wifi. I want to print wireless. I downloaded the canon mobile app for andriod from the google play store.When I run it I get a window for detect printer.It wont detect my printer.i go to manual seledt and it asks for iP address or fqad? I misplaced the cd that came with the printer. What do I do? All help would be great. Thanks, Scott

3 REPLIES 3

Michael
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hello forms.

The Canon Mobile Printing app that you have downloaded is only meant for use with our latest imageCLASS and imageRUNNER laser printers.  It cannot be used with our PIXMA series printers.

To print from your Android device with the MG3122, please download our Easy PhotoPrint app.  This will allow you to print photos from the tablet.  However, documents or emails would have to be printed from a standard Windows or Mac OSX computer.

If you need additional assistance, please contact us at 1-800-OK-CANON.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

I've searched the internet and this forum for more information relative to the OPs question.

However, I do have a new imageRunner mf4890dw printer that I cannot figure out what the mobile printing app is asking for to connect to my new printer.  THere are two options when the "Canon Devices" tab is selected.  One is using a QR Code, which I cannot find anywhere, and the second is manually entering a "Connection Code" and a "security code."

Would you please walk me through the information I need to be able to complete this app install and allow connection to the printer?

I do have the printer set up on wifi already and prints fine from my desktop.  I appreciate your help in furthering this setup process for me.

I have the same issue like hoppyumr, can not find where is the QR code or the connection code and security code. Anyone? Thx!

Announcements