cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

printer malfunction, makes lines that look like "split ends"!

schreib
Apprentice

Hello Folks!

Never visited this forum before but not a newbie to the Mac and Canon.  This Canon MG6620 inkjet printer is still printing but has an odd pattern.  The top of the pattern here for the PGBK color tank shows the problem well.  It is best seen if you enlarge that area even further:   The grid pattern is OK on top and bottom but the vertical liines in main body of this pattern are split apart, doubled.   I have seen this when printing in my old CAD program too.  Additionally, I notice that sometimes very OTHER line of text seems to exhigit the double image illustrated by the characters here for PGBK.

I have cleaned the nozzles, twice.   Done auto head alignment.   I only found marginal improvement after trying to increase print quality once.  

Basically, is is now impossible to print a bar code so I can ship using Fed Ex's label.

Hoping for a pro to help here!

thanks.

NOTE: 2nd image is the head alignment "value" pattern.  Just in case someone has some clue for what it may "mean".  Nothing in the manual that I can see other than HOW to print it!

print quality 1.jpeg

3 REPLIES 3

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Greetings,

Have a look at this:

Canon Knowledge Base - Cleaning the encoder (timing) strip - MG5620 / MG6620 / MG7520

Let us know if it helps.

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

thanks, tried it, but did not work for me.  Same split hairline pattern.

I appreciate your assistance just the same.

To me this appears to be a software problem.  Almost as if the vector printing is messed up.   I can't help but wonder if the old printer, the old MacBook Air( 2013), have not kept up with print software or SOMETHING of that nature.  However, this MacBook Air is on the LATEST OS though, plus latest Safari browser.   The hairline split on the pattern is VERY PERFECT if you look closely.

Using ANOTHER Mac, when I print the narrowest lines in CAD, used for dimensioning graphics, they print out this way but not other, thicker lines-- an old white MacBook using 2008 Vectorworks software and very old OS.

I know too little about Canon hardware / software to make any other intelligent judgement.

I also tried the arduous process of MANUAL head alignment. . . to no avail.

Pretty weird.  Text prints like the example PGBK text, shadowy, blurred.   Bar codes are mushy, poor definition, resolution.

Could the Print head need replacement for some reason even though all the colors print nice and uniform?

Announcements