cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

printer doesn't turn on

Adel1387
Apprentice

Hello, I have a #PIXMA #mp550, it suddenly turned off while printing, I pulled the power cable, then plugged it in after 10 minutes and it turned on and gave me b200 error, I opened the printer cover and unplugged the power cable then take the printer head and clean it with alcohol completely and put it in its place, connected the power and now the screen turns on and after 1 second the red light turns on and blinking every 20 second

1 REPLY 1

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Greetings ,

A B200 error usually means the printhead has overheated.  It's not something that cleaning will make go away.  Typical diagnostics and troubleshooting is to unplug the printer and wait about 10 minutes and then plug it back in.  If this doesn't resolve the issue, the printer will likely require service.  In some cases the cost to repair can exceed the cost to replace.  Start by registering your product in your MyCanon account to see your support options.  Depending on what's available, Canon also has an upgrade program that allows you to purchase a new printer at a discount with free shipping.  

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.7.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

Announcements