cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

pixma mx870 and window 11

arturuis
Apprentice

hello i have an pixma mx870 printer and a new window 11 desktop which I want to connect through the wireless network.  I noticed when looking for the drivers that there were none available for windows 11.  I downloaded the win10 in hopes they would work but they didn't. Is there a work around or will cannon make a driver for win 11?

thank you for your assistance,

Arturuis

16 REPLIES 16

Just installed the driver and now my Windows 11 laptop communicates with my printer.  Thanks for sharing that link!  As others have remarked, considerable $ savings and for now, printer continues to work very well.

What's the link?

Cryo
Apprentice

Same problem here--but the Windows 10 driver works perfectly fine for printing from Windows 11. If Canon says it's not supported, there may be other features that don't work (like if you're using the unit for faxing or scanning from Windows) but I haven't run into any issues yet. 

DeidreDLH
Apprentice

I can get the printer to print in Windows 11, but not scan.  Anyone had anyluck?

Try Naps :NAPS2 - Scan documents to PDF and more

generic scanner program, works on Canon mx870 (tested) and various HP products (also tested)

ijacob007
Contributor

Canon said already:  buy a new printer. Thanks for nothing Canon

Announcements