cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

pixma mp990 b200 error code

trirann
Apprentice

I am getting the B200 Error message which states to unplug the printer and contact the service center.  My first call to the center resulted in the advice of needing a new printhead and it would be better to buy a new printer.  This one is only 25 months old!  I cleaned the printhead per instructions I found online, and replaced it, but so far I still get the error coude.  I can get a new printhead for around $70-$75 on ebay.  Would this solve the problem, or do I need to reset the CPU.  So far an internet search has not produced information on resetting the CPU.  I did send off an information request to the service center via their email form, but have not heard back in over 24 hours!  Any ideas?

2 REPLIES 2

Ramona
Authority

Hello trirann,

Unfortunately, we cannot guarantee that replacing the print head in the printer will resolve the issue you are experiencing; we recommend having the printer looked at by an authorized service facility to determine the source of the problem and provide resolution.  We apologize for any inconvenience this causes.

Please click on the Contact Us link below to obtain your servicing options.

If this is a time-sensitive matter, additional support options are available at Contact Us.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

gtrdave
Apprentice

I fixed this b200 error by searching this forum and following a few steps mentioned.

1) Tried unplugging the printer for 10 minutes.... Powered on and same error.

***Note had to manually move printhead and cartriges over to the left to remove cartriges and printhead****

2) Removed all ink cartriges and carefully put them in separate plastic bags (I didn't have the orange storage clips to seal the base)

3) Watched youtube video on how to remove printhead for the MP990

4) Watched youtube video on running low pressure warm water under the sink to clean printhead. I washed resevoir first until clear and no more ink visible, then turned upside down and washed underneath printhead until clear, then repeated washing top and bottom about 8-9 times until all ink was gone and ran clear. Took about 5 minutes and I was very patient.

5) Carefully dried printhead with papertowels making sure all electrical contacts were completly dry.

6) Reinstalled printhead and all cartriges

7) Plugged printer back in and turned on and still got the B200 error

😎 The B200 error code reset fix: Powered the printer off and then back on and while powering back on push the Home Button and Power Button at the same time like 10-15 times repeatedly. Printer then cycles and starts up normally.

9) I was having clogged jets and doing cleaning cycles periodically and was not able to clear the clogged jets. After washing the printhead I finally have a perfect running printer again. I had no idea you could wash the printhead. This would have saved me a lot of money in ink over the years. Now it's been 2 weeks and just ran another nozzle check and it's still perfect. Thank goodness I didn't want to buy another printer right now and probably would not purchase a new head for that price. 

BTW. The only reason I can deal with this printer and it's crazy way of wasting so much in in cleaning cycles is that I have been using www.ldproducts.com ink for over 3 years on this printer and their quality and price is great. Also after every cleaning cycle you should always do a nozzle check and don't ever do more than 2 deep cleaning cycles in a row before printing. You could ruin your printhead if you cycle it too much. Now that I know about washing the printhead I will probably never do another deep cleaning again. It never works anyway.

Hope this helps!

Announcements