cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

pixma mg3650, using scanner without ink cartridges

canonusrnl
Apprentice

This AIO printer has empty cartridges, yet I want to use scanner only. That worked for a long time, but today there's this orange error led flashing (16 times) telling me there's no more ink available. Can I, and if so, how do I configure this printer for scanner use only?

6 REPLIES 6

Danny

Thanks for being active in our community! We're happy to share that it's possible to scan with an empty ink tank or cartridge. To start scanning, follow the instructions at this link.

canonusrnl
Apprentice

Hi Danny and thank you for welcoming me here 🙂

I checked the link you provided, but the productlist in the article does not contain my device series, which is Pixma MG3600 series and therefore this article would not apply to my printer device. Does that mean there is no sollution for me other than replacing the ink cartridges?

As the PIXMA MG3650 is not available here in the United States, we here at Canon USA are unable to provide support specific to that model.  While the community is welcome to chime in, we recommend also contacting the Canon company that serves the country or region your printer was intended for.  If you live outside the United States, please click HERE and select your country to find support in your part of the world.

Have a great day!

@Danny, thanks. I went over to this forum because I didn't find a 'per country forum'. Is there as far as you know?

The article says "In all PIXMA models other than G-series PIXMA models......".

Did you try it?

@Rising Star, I did but that did not do the trick. Furthermore the series my device belong to are not specified at the provided lists so that result was expected.

Announcements