cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

paper jamming-mg3620

ageorgop
Apprentice

I have a PIXMA MG3620 printer that constantly jams. The support code is 1303. My warranty is up because the printer was purchased in 2017. Does anyone have a solution to this problem?

1 REPLY 1

JayC1
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi Ageorgop! Thanks for posting in the Canon Community Forum. I see that your PIXMA MG3620 constantly jams and triggers the 1303 error.

If you have not done so, I recommend that you remove the paper from the tray and look inside for any objects that may have slid in (like a pencil or pen). You can also restart the printer and check the ink cartridges to make sure they are properly installed (if the paper is jamming inside the printer). If you are using thicker paper or photo paper, please check if the printer jams with regular copy paper.

Should the problem persist, I recommend that you restart the printer (to clear the error), remove the paper from the tray, and perform four roller cleanings. A roller cleaning is one of the printer’s built-in maintenance options. You will find instructions for performing this procedure in the following website:

https://ij.manual.canon/ij/webmanual/Manual/All/MG3600%20series/EN/BG/bg-maintenance2400.html

Please perform three roller cleanings without paper. Then, load three sheets of regular letter-size copy paper, adjust the guide to match the width of paper, and initiate one more roller cleaning. If the sheets feed through without any issues, the problem should be fixed.

If the paper keeps jamming, it may be more cost effective to purchase a replacement than to pay for a repair. Through our Canon Upgrade Program, we can offer you a discount and free shipping on a new printer. If you are interested in that, please call (866) 443-8002 from 9:00 A.M. to 9:00 P.M. (Eastern Time), Monday through Saturday to speak with one of our sales agents who would be happy to help you.

I hope this information helps. Thanks again.

Announcements