cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

out of color ink, but won't let me print black and white

akqj9
Apprentice

They want to force me to their site to buy an expensive color cartridge even though I never print other than black and white and my black ink cartridge is full. I HATE THIS PRINTER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  It is slow, noisy and annoying. NEVR AGAIN CANON!!!!!

12 REPLIES 12

Tiggerrr2018
Contributor

I purchase all my inks  now from (Removed link as per forum guidelines).  I purchase their Mustache brand and never had any issues with their inks and they are way cheaper to buy. I also buy their toners for my laser printers... and the service and shipping (free btw in Canada) is excellent and fast. 

I learned in the past with the use of Epson or Canon printers that they require more than just the black ink to print in B&W.  Other colours are actally used to give a full, beautiful black.  

Hope this helps.

Tintype_18
Authority
Authority

I have had three brands of copier/fax machines. They all require all ink cartridges to be full or present to even print black. Tech at a local box store said combining inks makes black or only specifying the black cartridge.

John
Canon EOS T7; EF-S 18-55mm IS; EF 28-135mm IS; EF 75-300mm; Sigma 150-600mm DG

zegend
Apprentice

Solution: When you get the error, either press the 'Stop / Reset' Button on the printer for 10 seconds or press the Resume button for 10 seconds (Depending on the model of the printer). The printer will prompt you that it will only print in grayscale and allow you to continue. The fix lasts until the cartridge for blank runs out.

Announcements