cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

mx922 printer fails due to "no paper in upper tray"

rchen
Apprentice

I try to print with iphone, but alway got this no paper in upper tray error ( I have paper in lower tray), looks like this is a canon software issue, if I can not resolve this, I will need to return this product, this is only two days old.

thx

111 REPLIES 111

Scottoro
Apprentice

I kept having this problem and couldn't figure it out until I started reading these posts. It only happened to me when I printed from internet, not from documents on my computer. So I took a look at the options for printing from my Yahoo mail account and discoverd that somehow that under More Settings under Yahoo Mail, somehow the paper size had been changed. When I changed it back to Letter, it worked. 

Bettyll
Apprentice
If it wasn't for "Abe's" help, I'd be throwing away my beloved printer! These are FANTATIC when they work and a NIGHTMARE when they DO NOT COMPUTE! WHY DO THEY HAVE TO BE SO COMPLICATED, YET SO SIMPLE?!! I've been searching for answers here so many times and it's been so easy, but so difficult. THANK YOU "ABE" FOR YOUR HELP! I LOVE THIS 4- IN 1 PRINTER SO MUCH, YET 1 LITTLE THING LIKE PRINTING THE THE PAPER SIZE CAUSES SUCH A HUGE GLITCH! THE MACHINE DECIDED TO CHANGE THE PAPER TRAY, NOT ME! THAT'S WHAT GETS ME! If it wasn't for the knowledgeable people here... and if I had a gun... I'd probabbly shoot the Canon printer to pieces. It's agravated me to no end many times trying to out smart me. It shouldn't have a brain of it's own! Plus, the cord keeps slipping out of the plug behind it for some reason AND it tends to go "idle" quite often. THAT IS VERY AGGRAVATING AND ANNOYING. It's for hours at a time and I can't restore it to normal. That's a whole different place and catagory tho. But, THANK YOU FOR SAVING MY LIFE. I spent hours this morning attempting to print 1 page from an android phone that I hate and looking at my old Macbook Pro laptop for answers which has NEVER BEEN "USER FRIENDLY" and doesn't have anything that helps with the printer except to clean, share everything personal with all my neighbors and order ink. That's all. Everything else is non existent 🤗. Sigh... well, everyone have a great holiday and don't shoot your printer without checking here first. There are a TON of really helpful understandable NORMAL people here ❤, thank GOD! Bll.
National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements