mx922 installation was difficult. set up the pc - ok - can print and scan. set up the mac- had to fight with it- then 3 hours later just posp up. can print from mac, not from pc.
reset printer - can print ffrom pc- not from mac.
rest again- scans from pc great- faily quick. Print from pc- printer sounds likeit has having digstive issues for two minutes (I tiemd it) - then doesnt print page. page is not in queue.
been fighting this for a week, unless i can fix this in rwo days it goes back - open to suggerstions.
Welcome to the Canon Forums and thanks for your post!
To have a better understanding of your issue, please let everyone know what operating systems (Windows Vista/7/8 or Mac OS 10.X) you are using and if you are connected via USB or WI-FI. That way, the community will be able to assist you with suggestions appropriate for your product.
Any other details you'd like to give will only help the Community better understand your issue!
If this is a time-sensitive matter, our US-based technical support team is standing by, ready to help 24/7 via Email at http://bit.ly/EmailCanon or by phone at 1-800-OK-CANON (1-800-652-2666) weekdays between 10 AM and 10 PM ET (7 AM to 7 PM PT).
To try and resolve the issue, we will want to ensure that the printer has proper wireless communication occurring. For proper wireless communication to occur, it is important that network devices are suitably located. Please ensure the following:
1. The printer and the access point are located within the wireless connectivity range with no obstacles between them.
2. The distance between the printer and the access point is not too far. If they are too far, move them closer together.
3. There is no barrier or obstacle between the printer and the access point. In general, connection performance decreases for communications through walls or between different floors. Adjust the locations to avoid such situations.
4. There are no sources of radio interference near the printer and the access point. The wireless connection may use the same frequency band as microwave ovens and other sources of radio interference. Try to keep the printer and the access point away from such sources.
5. Check if the radio channel of the access point is close to that of other access points nearby. If the radio channel of the access point is close to that of other access points nearby, the connection performance may become unstable. Be sure to use a radio channel that does not interfere with other access points.
Once these items have been verified, if you still experience difficulty, please call or email us using one of the methods on the Contact Us page for further assistance.
Did all that. printer is in same room as access point and only reports 11% signal strength.
sometimes it works, sometimes not. sometimes takes ten minutes to wake up and find a print in queue. then takes ten minutes to print- and as I mentioned - very noisy. THis is not what i expected out of canon.
So that in-depth troubleshooting can be performed in real-time, we ask that you please call or email us at one of the methods on the Contact Us page for further assistance.
2/07/2023: New product announcements!EOS R8 EOS R50RF-S55-210mm F5-7.1 IS STMRF24-50mm F4.5-6.3 IS STMRF15-30mm F4.5-6.3 IS STM