To try and resolve the error, with a flashlight or other bright light, please check the paper feed areas of the printer to ensure that there are not any obstructions in the printer that would prevent the paper from feeding correctly. Once this has been verified, we can perform a roller cleaning on the printer. To do this, please follow these steps:
You need to prepare: three sheets of A4 or Letter-sized plain paper
1. Make sure that the power is turned on, and remove any paper from the Rear Tray.
2. Open the Paper Output Tray gently, and open the Output Tray Extension.
3. Clean the Paper Feed Roller.
(1) Press the (Maintenance) button repeatedly until b appears.
(2) Press the Black or Color button. The Paper Feed Roller will rotate as it is cleaned.
4. Clean the Paper Feed Roller with paper.
(1) Make sure that the Paper Feed Roller has stopped rotating, and load three sheets of A4 or Letter-sized plain paper in the Rear Tray.
(2) Make sure that b appears on the LED, then press the Black or Color button. The machine starts cleaning. The cleaning will be completed after the paper is ejected. Please note that you may need to perform up to three roller cleanings before the issue is resolved.
Hope this helps!
This didn't answer your question or issue? Find more help at Contact Us.
I followed these *wonderful* instructions to a 'T'...everything was going according to plan...right up until the last step!:
(2) Make sure that b appears on the LED, then press the Black or Color button. OK Check
The machine starts cleaning.
The cleaning will be completed after the paper is ejected.
This would be a DEFINITE *NO*...every time I've tried this...the machine doesn't start 'cleaning'...it starts to EAT the paper is what it does!:...and then I end up with 03 error msg (jammed paper)...so then, I carefully take the paper out of the tray...the 03 error msg is STILL blinking?...So then I hit "Stop/Reset" - does absolutely nothing. The error message refuses to clear - so then I have no choice but to turn the printer off, then back on.
Any words of wisdom?
Please note that you may need to perform up to three roller cleanings before the issue is resolved.