cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

mg6120 and photoshop elements work together? How?

OldFalcon
Contributor

I am having many issues trying to get the printed photo have the same colors as the screen on my Dell Laptop. Anyone have solved this in the past?

11 REPLIES 11

Karl1
Rising Star

Hi OldFalcon,

There are quite a few things that can impact print quality .  So that we can try and narrow it down, please let us know the following:

1.  Are you using genuine Caon inks or third party inks?

2.  What brand and type of paper are you pritning on?

3.  Are you on a Mac or Windows computer?  What version of the Operating System are you using?

Also, download the following sample image and try printing it out and let us know if it has the same quality issues that you've been getting:

http://www.usa.canon.com/app/images/cameras/powershot/PS_G1X/sampleimg/original_sample_2.JPG

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

1. Canon inks

2. Canon paper Plus Glossy II   and Office Max Glossy Premium give the same result

3. Windows 7, Dell Laptop, but monitor is an LG Flatron IPS236, which has both "photo" and "sRGB" settings.

4. Sure don't mind pictures of pretty ladies, but, still get yellow (probably) and maybe brownish cast to photos.

Maybe answer this question. Which has the final say on what goes on the paper, the computer or the printer?

I have tried things like "Vivid" and "Light" in some of the printer preferences.

I may be fighting a losing battle as the graphic system in my Dell Inspiron 1501 laptop does have its limits.

I'll keep trying, and thanks for the picture!

OldFalcon

Devin
Enthusiast

Hey OldFalcon,

The computer software that you are using to print has the final say on what goes on the paper. 

One thing we should do is ensure that the printer is printing correctly.  This can be done by performing a Nozzle Check.  What this will do is print out a test print and ensure that all of the inks are printing correctly.  To do so, please perform the following:

1.  Press <HOME>.

2.  Rotate the menu to Maintenance and press <OK>.

3.  Press <OK> on Print nozzle check pattern.

4.  Press <OK> on Yes.

The Nozzle Check will print.  Please compare your printout to the example that has been attached to this email. 

If this prints correctly, then we know it is an issue with the software that is causing this.  We recommend printing using the Easy-PhotoPrint EX program that comes with your printer.  This program prints only the picture data and does not modify it in anyway.  

Devin
Enthusiast

Hey OldFalcon,

One other thing I forgot to mention in my previous message.  Your original post was for Photoshop Elements which does modify the printing based on the settings that are used.  What you can use is the Easy-PhotoPrint Pro plugin.  This plugin was designed to make printing from Photoshop easy and with good quality.  To start this, click File, Automate, then Canon Easy-PhotoPrint Pro. 

The printer works fine according to the nozzle tests. The issue is somewhere in the settings.

Well, after plowing into various menus on Windows 7, Photoshop Elements 11, and Canon applications, I find that the Easy PhotoPrint Pro plugin will not install on the above named system and programs! I get an error message, saying something about not having a compatible program installed. Does there need to be an upgrade here?

I did discover the ability to print out a photo with various combinations of Brightness, Contrast, and whatever Cyan, Magenta, and Yellow settings one would like to try. Probably helpful in the future.

Again, thanks for the effort and the info.

Photoshop Elements 11 is not yet supported with our Easy-PhotoPrint Pro plugin.  However, an update should be coming out with support for this in the future.  The  I do not have a specifc date when this will be released.

In the mean time, I would suggest making changes to your photos using Photoshop Elements 11, then save them as a JPEG file.  You can then open them up in Easy-PhotoPrint EX which is located in your Start menu under Canon Utilities.  This program, like Easy-PhotoPrint Pro, ignores the driver settings and only prints the picture data.  I believe this will allow you to achieve the quality you are looking for. 

Hope this helps.

Thanks, confirmed what I suspected. So, I'll wait and see what happens. I did note that in one of the ReadMe files there was an indication that this worked only with Canon camera RAW files?? I use a Sony NEX-5R, so, that may not help.

And I will give your suggestions a try. I quite understand that getting printers and computers to properly speak to one another has been an issue from long ago! Or, been there, fought with it before!

Again, thanks for the help.

I've tried to find any answers before, and can't. So, here goes. I simply cannot get the color on the print to come reasonably close to the color on the screen or to what I took a picture of. For example, red plastic covers from a can come out with an orange cast. I simply can't figure out what settings to change where. 

Thanks

Hi OldFalcon,

Considering we've been back and forth a few times on this issue without resolution, I think the best thing to do in this case would be to use the Contact Us link to get in touch with our support staff.  Dealing with a support agent in real time I believe would be mroe helpful as well as getting the issue resolved in the least amount of time possible for you.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.
National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements