cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ip8720 print size issue

strutzj
Contributor

First thing I tried after setting up my brand new iP8720 was to print two different 5x7 images onto one 8.5x11 paper. Selected the images > printer property setup was straightforward > the print preview correctly showed the two 5x7 images on one paper. However, the actual printed size of the images were 3x4.5 instead of 5x7. Tried this again making SURE no setup mistakes were made - 5x7 size specified all the way through - same result. Thinking this might be a driver bug, I searched for an update but found only the same version as came with the printer ( version 1.0). Any comments appreciated.

3 REPLIES 3

Danny

Hi, strutzj!

So that the Community can help you better, we will need to know exactly which operating system is running on your computer, and what specific applications you've tried to print from. That, and any other details you'd like to give will help the Community better understand your issue!

If this is a time-sensitive matter, our US-based technical support team is standing by, ready to help 24/7 via Email at http://bit.ly/EmailCanon or by phone at 1-800-OK-CANON (1-800-652-2666) weekdays between 10 AM and 10 PM ET (7 AM to 7 PM PT).

Thanks and have a great day!

Michael
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hello,

Please try using our Easy-PhotoPrint program to perform this printout.  This program is available for free on our website at the following link:

iP8720 Download Page

This didn't answer your question or issue? Find more help at Contact Us.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Thanks for the replies. My OS is Windows XP SP3 and I tried to print from the built in "photo and fax viewer". Printing from here goes through the standard printer dialog box. 

Also thanks for the suggestion to use the Easy Photo Print application. I haven't tried this and although it probably would work, I should have been able to use the standard printer dialog box. As I wrote earlier, I selected the printer properties correctly and the preview image correctly displayed the two 5x7 images on one 8-1/2x11 paper but printing to physical paper resulted in the images being printed too small. I believe this is a bug in Canon's printer dialog software. 

Announcements