cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ip4920 green and amber alternately blinking

jgw0
Contributor

My green and amber lighters blink alternately everytime the printer starts.  I then press the start button (turn off printer), press it again and the printer comes up just fine.  I have removed and re-inserted cartridges, taken out cartridges and re-seated print head.  No change.

Thank you.....

Thoughts?

7 REPLIES 7

Julius
Rising Star

Hello,

The pattern of the flashes will let you know what error the printer is having.  Check out the link below for more info!

http://kbsupport.cusa.canon.com/system/selfservice.controller?CONFIGURATION=1011&PARTITION_ID=1&secu...

If the issue persists, the best thing to do would be to get in touch with our technical support team at http://bit.ly/Phone_Support for further assistance.

Thanks!

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

first, there was no documentation on my problem.  The green light blinks, one time, then the amber light blinks, one time.  In other words the green and amber light blink one time alternately.

thank you for the reply...............

How many times does it alternate? In other words, how many times does the alarm light flash before pausing?

It does this until the power switch is pressed and it goes off.  Oh, the printer is also not seen by the computer and thinks its turned off.  This printer uses usb to connect.  Whilst the two lights are doing its thing the computer doesn't even recognize its connected as per usbdeview.  As soon as the power switch is turned off, and on, the printer comes right up and works just fine.  I have checked all connections and they are all just fine. 

I forgot. When I press the power switch, to turn it off, it just goes off. When I press the power switch again, however, I now get the usb connect tone from the computer which means exactly what I thought, the printer is not recognized as being plugged in until I do the power off/on sequence.

Hi jgw0,

Do you have another USB cable that you can use to connect the printer to the computer?

If this is a time-sensitive matter, additional support options are available at Contact Us.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

I threw this machine out.  I gotta say, a response to this, months later, seems a bit strange to me.

Announcements