cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ip 7220 prints blurry and double letters in nozzle check

mghia
Apprentice

I was on the phone with two canon reps today with no luck so I figure I would give one last shot to the community for help.

I have a Canon pixma IP 7220 over 1 year old.  

Issue" Print looked lighter and blurry even on high quality setting.

Nozzle test  shows a defect in the PGBK.   It starts fine for 3 lines and then starts to fade and show a double curved liine in the center of the box check and last three rows are back to normal.

The two bars on the right that Surround PGBK are also  bowed in the center and the letters PGBK are doubled left to right.

The colors and BK seem fine.

The number range and the word PAGES are good

But the version number is  doubled.

An actual print does not show up as doubled but very blurry.

I tried a few cleanings and print head alignment.

I also changed the PGBK ink cartridge with no change.  

Here is what Canon rep has tried so far

1 remove and reseat the print head.

2. run a cleaning

3. run an alignment check

4. use a Q tip to and water to clean  the plastc strip.  No residue came off the on the tip.

5.  Run a nozzle check.

Problem was the same as it was  when I first started this and rep suggested a service was not worth the cost and connected to me  to Customer loyalty who wanted me to buy a unit 2x the price claiming it was discounted. I did a quick search with her on the phone and that same printer, even with the discount was still higher than what several places are selling it for. So much for loyalty.

6. He asked if I  could do the alignment manually. All I could do was switch to manual mode print out  a page of boxes with numbers  but no way to adjust.  He thought we could zero out the numbers but then could nto find any way to factory reset or zero out the numbers/

The interesting thing is that LETTERS  on the alignment print fine. Numbers  and arrows are doubled.

I dont know why this just started. He claimed it was not the print head since the results would be different.

Any ideas if this can be saved?  

Thanks

5 REPLIES 5

Michael
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hello.

Troubleshooting with our support group will be needed to narrow down the cause of your issue. Please contact our support group using the "Contact Us" link below for additional assistance.

This didn't answer your question or issue? Find more help at Contact Us.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

This is diappointing to read the above . I feel the CS who wrote this does not even read the  posts just puts this STOCK message in the posts. 

If  the CS actually read my post he will see I already called tech support before  posting here and have talked to two allready and I explained all we did.  I was told they have no idea the issue. 

Whatever happened to this?

I have the same issue, where every second line is blurry or double, in all prints.

I have completely cleaned the printer head, did not solve the issue. By clean i mean removed it and cleaned it from all traces of old ink.

Any ideas ?

bad print head bought another one same model

Ok, what I suspected. You bought a complete new printer? Since the head seems to be extremly expensive....

Thanks a lot for your feedaback!!

Announcements