cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iPhone app

jlyle58
Apprentice

I just succeeded in installing my 2 year old TR4520 with a wi-fi connection (failed when I purchased it). 

I was told in the instructions I need an app titled Canon PRINT from the spp store on my iPhone and iPad to print. 

If this is true, could someone tell me which one it is? There are several, and not one is just "Canon PRINT"?

Thanks 

3 REPLIES 3

rs-eos
Elite
Elite

When searching the App Store on my iPhone on "Canon print", the top-two Canon-related apps are "Canon PRINT Inkjet/Selphy" (this is most likely the one you want) and "Canon PRINT Business".

If going into the details for these apps, the developer is indeed Canon Inc.

If tapping on Canon Inc in the app details screen, it will then list all the apps that Canon Inc. has.   And in terms of printing apps, the aforementioned two are all they have in the store.

--
Ricky

Camera: EOS 5D IV, EF 50mm f/1.2L, EF 135mm f/2L
Lighting: Profoto Lights & Modifiers

Patrick
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi jlyle58,

You can use the Canon PRINT Inkjet/SELPHY app (available in the App Store) to print from your iOS device with your PIXMA TR4520.  You can also use this app to scan and save that scanned item on your iOS device.

Your PIXMA TR4520 is also compatible with Airprint.  This means that you can print from other apps on your iOS device with your PIXMA TR4520.

For example, open Safari on your iPhone and go to a web site.  At the bottom of Safari, tap airpint.png.

In the menu that appears, scroll down and tap Print.

On the Printer Options page, tap "Select Printer" and then select "PIXMA TR4500 series".  Tap Print and that page will print.

In other apps, airpint.pngmay not be present.  In this case, please tap icon.pngto bring up the menu in which Print resides.

More information can be viewed here:

https://support.apple.com/en-mide/HT201387

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Patrick,

Thanks a ton.

Joe Lyle (jlyle58)

Announcements