cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iP8750 printing white lines in the same place every time

stevenbardgett
Apprentice

Hi,

I'm trying to print a full colour a3 print out. It's a JPEG printing from Photoshop on my Mac.

It's printing out perfectly up until about an inch from the end where I get white banding in the same place every time (i've included a pic!). I've cleaned the printer heads a bunch of times, realigned them and the ink isn't low either.

Can anyone help with how to fix this?

Thanks!!!

Ste

141185032_10225841249997764_663407258965506593_n.jpg

4 REPLIES 4

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Greetings,

That looks like a roller mark or feeding issue.  See if adjusting the Paper Abrasion setting helps:

Canon : PIXMA Manuals : iP8700 series : Paper Is Smudged/Printed Surface Is Scratched

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

Thank you!! While trying to find this setting I realised I hadn't actually ever set up the printer properly it just defaulted to AirPrint and I lost loads of printer settings. Turns out it was just because everything was just printing on the Plain Paper setting because I didn't have any others. Matched the paper type to more like the weight of what i was actually using and it must've raised the printer heads and it's printed perfectly now. Thanks for your help!

Glad you figured it out.

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

Hi, I’ve been having the exact same problem for a while when printing A3- white lines about an inch from the bottom! It’s driving me insane.
I’m using a smooth 300gsm cardstock which works fine for everything else. Could you tell me what paper type and weight you used in the settings?

Thank you!

Announcements