cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iP8720 not printing

FLAlleycat
Contributor

The nozzle pattern check comes out fine, but when I try to print a document, all I get is a blank page.  Plenty of ink.  Somewhere I read to try another application, but I don't know how to do that.  I'm trying to print out an email attachment.  The device manager shows it as printing, but the printer isn't making usual sound when "printing."  Any ideas?  Thank you in advance!

4 REPLIES 4

Tiffany

Welcome to the Canon forum!

So that the Community can help you better, we will need to know
 which operating system is running on your computer (i.e. Windows or macOS and which version) Any other details you'd like to give will only help the Community better understand your issue. If this is a time-sensitive matter, click HERE search our knowledge base or find additional support options HERE

Thank you!

Thank you for your fast response!  I'm using Windows 10.  I just noticed that Part A on the nozzle check did not print at all...no horizontal lines or anything.  Just the colors printed.  I've run the "clean print head" as well.  Basically, the printer prints out all the colors but not the writing.  It will print photos from my album on the laptop.

Hi,

If you have performed the cleaning and deep cleaning twice and part A (the grid) does not appear, the printer would require service. 

If the printer is in it's 1 year warranty, I recommend reaching out to Canon support for your warranty options. You will need to register your Canon gear HERE to access additional support options.

If the printer is out of warranty, you would qualify for the Canon Upgrade program. This is for out of warranty units which have been diagnosed to require service or are incompatible with a new or upgraded system. This program allows you the opportunity to purchase a replacement product discounted from the list price. Free ground shipping is included with your purchase.

If you would like to take advantage of this offer, please call our Sales Department at (866) 443-8002 Mon-Sat, 9 AM to 9pm EST excluding holidays.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

I haven't done the deep clean as I didn't think the nozzles were clogged since the color pattern printed.  Not sure on an upgrade.  This is the 2nd 8720 I've had as first one died after a couple of years...and if this one is dying, I'll probably try another brand.  Thanks though.

Announcements