cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how to turn off the abrasion preventive function on my canon G3270

matt711
Apprentice

how do i turn off the abrasion preventive function on my canon G3270 printer? i have been trying for over 2 months now. ready to choke any canon support member

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Greetings,

Adjusting the setting to prevent paper abrasion will widen the clearance between the print head and the paper.
If you notice abrasion even with the media type set correctly to match the paper, set the printer to prevent paper
abrasion using the operation panel or the computer.
This may reduce the print speed.
* Once you have finished printing, undo this setting. Otherwise, it will apply to subsequent print jobs.
Select Settings on HOME screen > Device settings > Print settings and set Prevent paper abrasion to OFF

shadowsports_0-1706055372277.png

Let me know if this helps.

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Greetings,

Adjusting the setting to prevent paper abrasion will widen the clearance between the print head and the paper.
If you notice abrasion even with the media type set correctly to match the paper, set the printer to prevent paper
abrasion using the operation panel or the computer.
This may reduce the print speed.
* Once you have finished printing, undo this setting. Otherwise, it will apply to subsequent print jobs.
Select Settings on HOME screen > Device settings > Print settings and set Prevent paper abrasion to OFF

shadowsports_0-1706055372277.png

Let me know if this helps.

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

Thank you very much!!! Will I have to do that every time? What a blessing!! 

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Greetings,

The setting is persistent.  If set to off, it stays off.  If turned on, it stays on 🙂

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~CarePaks Are Worth It

National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements