cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how come my canon mx922 always uses envelope as paper size

dexter40
Apprentice

i printed an envelope and now it uses envelope as the default paper size. i can change it but for the next printing job it will default back to envelope size. how can i change it?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

HalLeonard
Contributor

dexter, I can think of two ways to set your paper format. One is in the word processor program you're using to create the document, like MS Word, and the other is in the Canon MX922 Printing Preferences menu.

Now I don't have an MX922, and you didn't say which OS you're using, like Win 7, Win 10, Mac, etc., or which word processing program you're using.

But you need to find the Printing Preferences menu for your printer. I'll tell you how I do it for my Canon printer in Win 10. I use Word 2010, and the fastest way to get to Canon's Printing Preferences menu is from Word. I click File > Print and then select "Printer Preferences." This is found in Word 2010 on the right just below the icon for the printer. That's what I'm looking for.

Another way to open this Canon Printing Prefences window in Win 10 is to get to Devices and Printers, click the Canon printer, select Printer Management, and then select Display Printer Driver. There are other ways to reach the Canon MX922 Printing Preferences menu--find one that works for your system.

OK, once you get the Canon MX922 Printing Preferences menu open, look near the top at the big window probably labeled, "Commonly Used Settings." Is "Envelope" selected there? If so, that's likely your problem. Switch it to "Standard," or "Business Document," or something similar, and be sure Media Type "Plain Paper" and Size "8.5 x 11" are selected. If Standard or Business Document are selected but the size is wrong, change the size to 8.5 x 11 and click the Save button up near Commonly Used Settings. You can also just hit the Defaults button near the lower right, above Help, if that's available. Click OK. Now try printing a word processing document and see if it works. Close Word (or whatever), close the Canon box, and check it again.

Normally this Printing Preferences menu remembers the last setting used, until you change it. So if you need to print another envelope, remember to go back here and change it back to Standard or Business Document afterwards

Also in Word 2010 there's a place to set the document type, and if that's set to Envelope, that's what you'll get. You find this again in Word 2010 by clicking File > Print and be sure it's set to Letter 8.5 x 11.

Still resetting back to Envelope? Please reply and give more detail about your setup and what's going wrong. Good luck.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

HalLeonard
Contributor

dexter, I can think of two ways to set your paper format. One is in the word processor program you're using to create the document, like MS Word, and the other is in the Canon MX922 Printing Preferences menu.

Now I don't have an MX922, and you didn't say which OS you're using, like Win 7, Win 10, Mac, etc., or which word processing program you're using.

But you need to find the Printing Preferences menu for your printer. I'll tell you how I do it for my Canon printer in Win 10. I use Word 2010, and the fastest way to get to Canon's Printing Preferences menu is from Word. I click File > Print and then select "Printer Preferences." This is found in Word 2010 on the right just below the icon for the printer. That's what I'm looking for.

Another way to open this Canon Printing Prefences window in Win 10 is to get to Devices and Printers, click the Canon printer, select Printer Management, and then select Display Printer Driver. There are other ways to reach the Canon MX922 Printing Preferences menu--find one that works for your system.

OK, once you get the Canon MX922 Printing Preferences menu open, look near the top at the big window probably labeled, "Commonly Used Settings." Is "Envelope" selected there? If so, that's likely your problem. Switch it to "Standard," or "Business Document," or something similar, and be sure Media Type "Plain Paper" and Size "8.5 x 11" are selected. If Standard or Business Document are selected but the size is wrong, change the size to 8.5 x 11 and click the Save button up near Commonly Used Settings. You can also just hit the Defaults button near the lower right, above Help, if that's available. Click OK. Now try printing a word processing document and see if it works. Close Word (or whatever), close the Canon box, and check it again.

Normally this Printing Preferences menu remembers the last setting used, until you change it. So if you need to print another envelope, remember to go back here and change it back to Standard or Business Document afterwards

Also in Word 2010 there's a place to set the document type, and if that's set to Envelope, that's what you'll get. You find this again in Word 2010 by clicking File > Print and be sure it's set to Letter 8.5 x 11.

Still resetting back to Envelope? Please reply and give more detail about your setup and what's going wrong. Good luck.

Announcements