cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PIXMA G550: horizontal lines on different paper size

aronj
Apprentice

I recently bought a Pxima 550. It prints well on A4 paper, but having issues on "Canon GP-501 glossy photo paper 170 grams 10 x 15".

I print from lightroom, where this size is not an option. So i created a custom size of 10x15cm. In the printer I insert the paper, adjust the slider to fit, and save the paper as 4"x6", which is the only option I see that approximates this. (kind of annoying that 10x15cm is not an option, I bought canon paper to avoid issues like this)

However, when I then print using that format, the printer displays the error 2114 saying that the printer paper settings don't match the layout.

When I choose the first option to print anyway, it does print the correct layout, however I see faint horizontal stripes. These are not there at all when I printed on A4 a few minutes before.

So I suppose it has to do with a mismatch in the paper size it's expecting and what it actually is. Any clue how to fix this?

2 REPLIES 2

Arthur

Hello!

So that the Community can help you better, we will need to know more information.

What is the exact model printer you're using (it's usually on the top or front of the unit)?

Any other details you'd like to give will only help the Community better understand your issue.

If you're in the United States, and this is an urgent support need, please click HERE to visit your My Canon Account to discover your personalized support options.

If you're outside the USA, please click HERE to find support options in your country.

Thanks and have a great day!

It's the Canon Pixma G550. Can't select it here, I think it's called differently in the US, I'm in Europe (Netherlands).

click here to view the gallery
Announcements