cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

hBJMaintenance error

sonny8360
Apprentice

I have been trying to install a new Pixma MG2922 for several days.  I have used the CD that came with the printer as well as files from the Canon site.  The result is always the same.  I get to the point where I'm asked to align the print heads and I get this error message "hBJMaintenance error".  My OS is Windows 7 home premium, 64bit. My computer is an Acer Aspire desktop with an Intel i5 processor and 10 Gb of RAM.   In Device manager the printer is listed, shows a driver is installed and says this device is working properly.  In "Devices and Printers"  the printer is shown, but when I go to printer properties and try to print a test page I get a message that no driver is installed.   At a friend's suggestion I tried to install the printer on an old laptop that I seldom use running Windows XP.  It was a long slow process , but it worked.  So, obviously, There is nothing wrong with either the software or the printer.  For some reason, my desktop, or my OS, or both, refuse to play nice with this printer.   By the way, I have used printers from Epson, HP, and Brother with this computer without difficulty.  In fact I have an HP laser printer connected to it that I use every day.

2 REPLIES 2

Patrick
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi sonny8360,

The error that you are experiencing is a Windows error.  Please make sure that your version of Windows is up to date.  You can do this by visiting www.windowsupdate.com

After updated, please attempt to install your PIXMA MG2922 again.  If the error reappears, please check your hard drive for errors.  Please use the following link for assistance with this:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-vista/c​heck-your-hard-disk-for-errors

If the issue persists, it is recommended that either your computer manufacturer or Microsoft is contacted for further support.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Thank you for your response,   I checked my hard drive for errors and found none.  I had a great deal of difficulty with Windows update.  I had 58 updates, although most were for Microsoft software e.g. Office, Internet explorer, etc .  After several hours of frustration I gave up and upgraded to Windows 10.  I tried installation again and was able to get through the entire process without incident.  Thank you again for your assistance.

click here to view the gallery
Announcements