cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

grinding noise

floey1
Apprentice

I have a an mx922 printer. Just changed the ink (canon cartridge) and I printed out about 5 things all ok. Then all of a sudden very loud grinding noise and message reads "the following ink tank cannot be recognized". Anyone else with this problem that did not have to go out and buy another cartridge. The sound is just awful and stopped everything. UGH!!

3 REPLIES 3

BillS
Mentor

Hi floey1,

Unusual noises are not user-serviceable, and I recommend you have the printer either repaired or replaced. To have it repaired, I can locate the nearest Authorized Service Facility to you, where you can have it fixed. If the printer is out of warranty, that repair would carry a cost, depending on the nature of the fault.

If you prefer to have your printer replaced, you are eligible for Canon's Upgrade Program. This is for out of warranty units which have been diagnosed to require service, or for some reason are incompatible with a new or upgraded system. This option allows you a one-time opportunity to purchase a replacement product, discounted from the list price, and with free FedEx Ground shipping. If you would like to take part in this option, please call our Sales Department at (866) 443-8002 seven days a week, 8am to Midnight ET. Let them know you have been working with email technical support and the Canon Upgrade Program was offered.

ArielAsturias
Apprentice

There is nothing worse than spending your hard earned money on a product the makes a loud grinding noise everytime you turn it own. It make me cringe everytime I use it.  I hate this thing. It junks! prints just fine but I hate to use it, its so obnoxious. Im trying to work and study while this thing is grinding away.  This is not RIGHT! 100$ GONE wasted on loud trash.  DO NOT BUY THIS PRODUCT! CANON PIXMA TRASH!

Hi ArielAsturias,

What model Canon printer do you own?

When was your printer purchased?

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.
Announcements