cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

error when trying to run setup for TS8220

koalamoredo
Apprentice

I was able to download the .exe setup wizard, but when I hit "Start Setup" it runs for 5 seconds and then says:

FAILED TO ACQUIRE INFORMATION ON THE DRIVER AND SOFTWARE. CHECK THE NETWORK CONNECTION AND TRY AGAIN.

The network is fine, as I'm browsing in other windows.

HELP?!?!?

3 REPLIES 3

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Greetings,

Windows or MAC..  this should help.

The latest installer for your printer can be found here.

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

Hi there,

Thanks for this!

However, when I launch the Start Up genie, it fails, giving Error Message: "Failed to acquire information on the driver and software. Check the network connection and try again." 

I think my network is fine, as I'm having no problem engaging the internet on other sites. 

Any thoughts? Thanks in advance!

k

Hello.

Something might be preventing the setup software from accessing the drivers over the Internet.

Try downloading the drivers directly from our website, visit the following link to download the drivers by themselves.

PIXMA TS8220 Drivers & Downloads

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.
National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements