cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

color images in a pdf are too dark

David121
Contributor

I've noticed that when I scan as a pdf, color images within pdf's are darker than when I scan as a photo in TIFF. I like the fact that pdf's remove creases that are evident on the original and whites are whiter, but color images in a pdf are darker than the original. How can I get color images within pdf's to be more true to the original color?

Below is a scanned page saved as a TIFF (but shown here as a jpg) and below that is the same page scanned and saved as a pdf (but shown here as a jpg). The difference in color is quite noticeable in the bottom photo within each jpg. I'm using a Canon pixma G7020.

Thanks - David

Orig TIFF.jpg

Orig PDF.jpg

1 REPLY 1

Hector
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hello David121,

PDF files will have less color information in them compared to TIFF files. The contrast is also higher so the dark colors will be darker and the light colors will be lighter. That will also be the reason why the creases in the paper will be diminished. In this situation, I would suggest trying to use the scangear option in the scan utility to fine tune you scan to see if you can get your desired results but it would be hard to scan for lighter images while also removing the creases.

You can check the steps on using the scan gear portion of our software using the link provided HERE.

Announcements