cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

canon pixma mp-280

robertbaer
Apprentice

There are a number of stupid and insane problems with this printer as implemented.

For example, the stupid "error" message "Prevent printer abrasion is set".

The feature of decreasing and/or preventing printer abrasion is excellent.

It should be a permanent part of the printer hardware/software as a system and the user should NEVER see it.

This feature should be used as a sales tool only.

It is really nice that the scan function works.

BUT.

As bad as Win7, where the heck did the scanned image go?

No clue to the newbie.

Hidden in some obscure place.

But worse than that, found no way to free it from its jail folder for use: cut&paste to another image,edit image, attach to e-mail, you name it.

Wasted hours so the scan part is effectively useless and definitely not used because of the incredible hassle.

Ther is no uses manual.

The "Users manual" cannot be acessed; the large collection of HTML files is deeply hidden to begin with, and the main program that might launch it all (as well as the CSS which could not be found) does not exist.

There is nothing that mentions this manual and NO clues as how one might find/run this.

The above is but a small part of the problems.

2 REPLIES 2

Caemene
Rising Star

Hi Robertbaer,

I see you have several concerns regarding the MP280. I am happy to address these concerns for you:

Regarding the prevent paper abraison settings, this setting only needs to be turned on when printing heavier paper, or if ink is smearing on the paper when printing. Enabling/disabling this settings can be performed from the operation panel of the printer by pressing the tools (pliers and screwdriver) button repeatedly unitl you get to the lower case "r", once this character is in the display window press the Black start button.

When using the MP280 for scanning, it uses a program called MP Navigator EX. Typically when scanning this program gives you an option in the bottom left corner to save the file in a location of your choice after the scanning process has been completed. In the event that the auto scan option was used in quick scan mode documents may be automatically saved in the documents folder and photos may be automatically saved in the pictures folder.

The user's manual can only be accessed through the website. Once the file is downloaded, open the folder and drag the PDF file to your desktop. That would be the easiest way to access it.

1)  Thanks for telling me how to get rid of that pesky "abrasion" message.

But all that means is that there will be more abrasion, and cartride lifetime wil be less>>more profit due to more sales.

Sorry,,,that i what you want.

2) Scaning..saved in the "documents folder" WHICH documents folder? the one Win7 likes to put everything including ones pet fish?, the hidden one that nobody is supposed to know about? the non-obvious one that MP Navgator EX has (and which one of those)?

It is REALLY USEFUL to _NOT_ have a users manual easily (yes, i said easily) available.

3) Oh, now we are into the users manual which is _almost_ complete on the CD....thanks for this major stumble.

Announcements