cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

cannon mx922- printing everything pink/red recently replaced the black ink cartridge

jillmdvm
Apprentice

HI I have a Canon MX922

Recently the black ink was low - looks like my husband replaced the cartridge recently since its no longer showing low.

All the cartridge lights are on and steady, i checked the nozzles - the test page printed perfect, I cleaned the nozzles anyway, i had the printer off over night.

the problem is that since yesterday any photo i print comes out in some varied shade of red /pink but as far as i can tell everything should be working   it happens with both colored and black and white photos and is driving me nutty since I can't seem to figure out the issue 

any thoughts?

8 REPLIES 8

Patrick
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi jillmdvm,

First, please make sure that the installed ink tanks are correct and full of ink.  The correct order is:

CLI-251M  magenta
CLI-251BK  black
CLI-251Y  yellow
PGI-250BK black
CLI-251C  cyan

Next, please print the nozzle check pattern to determine whether the ink is ejecting properly from the print head. To do this, please follow these steps:

1.  Make sure that your PIXMA MX922 is turned on.

2.  Load a sheet of A4 or Letter-sized plain paper in the Auto Sheet Feeder or the Cassette.

3.  Open the Paper Output Tray and then open the Output Tray Extension.

4.  To print the nozzle check pattern:

4-1.  Press the MENU button on your PIXMA MX922.

4-2.  Press the Setup button.

4-3.  Select Maintenance, then press the OK button.  The Maintenance screen is displayed.

4-4.  Select Print nozzle check pattern and then press the OK button.  The pattern print confirmation screen is displayed.

4-5.  Select Yes and then press the OK button.

The nozzle check pattern is printed and the pattern confirmation screens are displayed alternately.  Please compare your printout to the example that has been attached to the bottom of this post.

If they differ, perform a few cleanings.  Please perform the following steps to perform a Cleaning:

1.  Press the MENU button on your PIXMA MX922.

2.  Press the Setup button.

3.  Select Maintenance then press the OK button.

4.  Select Cleaning and press OK.

5.  Press OK to select Yes.

The cleaning will be performed.  After 2 or 3 cleanings, print another test page.

Does the test page print correctly?

If it does not, please contact our support group using the following link:

https://www.usa.canon.com/internet/portal/us/home/contactus

MX922 Nozzle Test.jpg

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

monelle
Apprentice

Did you ever get a solution to your problem?  I just had Canon replace my new MX922 because of the same issue, and the replacement printer is doing the same thing! 😞

jillmdvm
Apprentice
Not really , but it resolved. I ended up adjusting the hue of the pictures on the computer to balance out the red so I could print a couple as a temporary fix. Then I didn't print any pictures for a while, some of the ink ran low in the meantime. Normal documents always printed well including color . The magenta and cyan cartridges eventually got replaced. I just printed some pictures the other day and everything is normal. I have no idea but it works now! Good luck.

How did you adjust your color on your computer?  I've tried all of the cleaning, etc and to no avail.  

Kris

felupuhymo
Apprentice

Perform cleaning cycle and it was back to normal. You may need to take the printer head out and run it under tap water from both directions to solve the problem. If you do this make sure the print head is completely dry before putting it back in. I have always used canned air to dry it out and then let it dry overnight before putting it back in, just put the ink in a Ziploc bag if you do this. You will need to run several cleaning cycles to saturate(prime) the printhead before you can run an alignment and nozzle check. Hope that helps. Smiley Very Happy

jerarn84
Apprentice

I had the same problems, but was printing in mainly yellow.  I had to do the nozzle check 2 times and selected B each time to do the required cleaning.  After the second time, the colors were good.

Gvajdak
Apprentice
I am having same issue which is bad since it is for a bakery business and need colors correct to make cake like phot customer is giving us to copy.

Hi Gvajdak,

If you are using edible inks, is it recommended that the company in which the ink was purchased is contacted for further assistance.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.
Announcements