cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

can the canon pixma ip8720 use Metallic Photo Paper

chrisfallout666
Apprentice

look to get Metallic Photo Paper and want to know if can use on my canon pixma ip8720. was not sure okay to use or not and how to setup canon pixma ip8720  to use Metallic Photo Paper if can get replay thanks when i went online to look got so many yes and no or not sure if good idea or not. 

3 REPLIES 3

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend

It depends on the paper. Red River metallic paper and Moab can be used since both companies provide an ICC profile for your printer.

Hahnemuehle does not provide ICC profiles for your printer. You would have to use trial and error. The Pro-100 profile might be a close match.

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

how do i do this provide an ICC profile for your printer. also u just used my HP 5 star photo glossy paper no issue. so if can explain the  ICC profile for your printer thanks 

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend

ICC profiles provide a translation between the digital file on your computer and the image you see on your printer paper. 

When you selected Glossy Photo paper or a similar setting for your printer you were using the Canon ICC profile, but glossy white photo papers tend to be very consistent across manufacturers, so it printed fine. Not true for some other papers.

https://www.redrivercatalog.com/profiles/inkjet-printer-color-icc-profiles-red-river-paper.html

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic
Announcements